Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm officially retired!


Not bad for only being 39, huh?  Well.... as of December 31, 2007, I was approved for early medical disability retirement from my job.  The amount of course will not be as much as if I were to actually normally retire (which would have been in 10 years) but it will help out somewhat.  I haven't had an income since September when I took my leave of absence from work so the retirement check will be welcomed!  My medical bills are absolutely enormous.... unfortunately insurance only covers 80%.  After over 16 years of working with the department I'm still having a hard time getting used to being at home.  Some days I want to just stay in my pajamas all day and read or watch movies!  But I have to get myself motivated and do stuff around the house.

One of my cats, Jax, has a new addiction.  He loves Ruffles potato chips and Cheetos.  He keeps stealing the bags out of the kitchen.  He'll drag the bags to my closet to hide them from me!  Strange cat......
 

No comments:

my beautiful Harriet

my beautiful Harriet
This is Harriet, my sponsor child through Compassion International. She is 9 and lives in Uganda, Africa. I've been sponsoring her for about 2 years now. She just sent me this photo and said she bought the shoes and stockings in the photo with money I sent her. Please pray for her and her family.