Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nothing new....


Not much has been happening around the Muhl household.  I spent five days in the hospital last week.  My blood pressure has been really low, lots of headaches, falling down and irregular heartbeats.  It was mostly my vertigo acting up.  The cardiologist and neurologist ran tons of tests - all seemed fine (except for the vertigo).  So I finally begged them to let me go home and they did,  despite the low blood pressure.  David kept me stocked up on chocolate while I was there... what a great husband.  The doctors put me on a bunch more   medications (like I need anymore medications) and I've just been taking it easy since I've been  home.  I really, really do not like being in the hospital.  Not only was the food totally horrible but I counted 26 needle holes in me!  I believe that falls under the catagory of cruel and unusual punishment.  It seems once I go in.... they never want to let me leave!

My next stomach biopsy is scheduled for February 18th.  I'm actually looking forward to that so I will find out if the antibody chemo treatment worked.  I should hopefully have the results on the 25th when I go back to see my oncologist.  Keep your fingers crossed.

David and I have been getting very lazy and both of us are gaining weight..... all that chocolate and Mexican food (not eaten at the same time of course)!  So we bought some tennis rackets last night and plan to start playing at the courts located close to our house.  There are also backboards there so David can get a more intense workout and I will be able to take it easy.  I can not imagine how sore we will be after the first time!  I have not played tennis since Iwas in college.  David and I will probably spend most of the time bent 
over laughing our butts off at each other though.

Diet Dr. Pepper is my lifesaver.  They have a new flavor.... cherry chocolate!!   Oh MY gosh - it is soooooo good!  Truly heavenly.  

Well... I hope everyone is having a great new year so far.  It's already flying by.  I can't believe we are already in February.  I can't believe I'll be 40 in seven months!!!   OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to be a fly on the fence during that tennis match! :) I am terrible at it. Good to hear from you.
Love, Jill

Danielle said...

How much better can it get??? Diet Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper....
Glad to hear that you are out of the hospital and ejoy all the chocolate you can get your hands on....

my beautiful Harriet

my beautiful Harriet
This is Harriet, my sponsor child through Compassion International. She is 9 and lives in Uganda, Africa. I've been sponsoring her for about 2 years now. She just sent me this photo and said she bought the shoes and stockings in the photo with money I sent her. Please pray for her and her family.