Thursday, November 15, 2007

a wonderful surprise!

I got a terrific surprise yesterday. My BFF from work, Kelly W., dropped off a beautiful large green plant from my co-workers. I've been on a leave of absence from work since Oct. 1st. There was a card and everyone signed it. It brought tears to my eyes to think that so many people care! I'm such a lucky person to work with such a wonderful group of people. Dealing with cancer is so much easier when you have people there for you to help you get through it. I can't imagine being alone at this point in my life. God has blessed me with a great set of friends and co-workers and a great family. My parents (both sets), my brother, my grandmother, my mother-in-law, my brother-in-law, and numerous aunts, uncles and cousins. And of course my number one person in my life is my husband. The thoughtful cards and emails I get from people have meant more to me than I can describe.
My BFF Kelly W. has been one of those people who has been there for me from the beginning as well. We both started working with the probation department about the same time back in 1991. We became great friends when I transferred to court services in 2000. She's been there for me through both David's brain surgeries and my own medical problems. Everyone calls us two peas in a pod and double trouble. Of course we are the "Kellys" to everyone. She is Kelly 1 and I am Kelly 2. Kelly is three years older than me.... ha ha! Kelly is also my favorite shopping buddy in the world. We can antique shop until our feet fall off. Having a really good shopping partner is very difficult to find. You either have someone that is always in a hurry or someone who is a slow poke. But Kelly is just right. We love to hit the antique shops in Spring, Tomball, Rosenberg and Brenham. Kelly is single (good husband prospects please send applications to me as I must approve you first), has a dog and our biggest goal is to be the BEST Red Hat Society women when we hit 50. As soon as we turn 50 you will see us with our purple and red and flaunting some wild hats around town. Kelly is actually able to be a "princess in waiting" right now because she is over 40 but she's waiting for me. Next year I'll be 40 so we'll be wearing our pink hats until we can officially wear the red ones - can't wait!!!!!
Kelly W. - if you read this blog.... thanks for all the happy times - love you!!

No comments:

my beautiful Harriet

my beautiful Harriet
This is Harriet, my sponsor child through Compassion International. She is 9 and lives in Uganda, Africa. I've been sponsoring her for about 2 years now. She just sent me this photo and said she bought the shoes and stockings in the photo with money I sent her. Please pray for her and her family.