Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fist day of new treatment

Well.... I survived my first of four sessions of the IV antibody treatment. I was at MD Anderson for 10 hours. The treatment took 8 hours. I was put in a small hospital room in an emergency room like setting. There were about 20 beds that are used for the chemo patients around the nurses station. The nurse hooked me up to six different IV fluids. She started the Rituximab in small amounts and gradually increased it every 30 minutes. I had an allergic reaction to it after about an hour. More IV of Benadryl was given to me. Then about an hour later I had another reaction. Each time I had a reaction I got more Benadryl in an IV. I was so sleepy when I left at 9:30 that night that I thought David was going to have to carry me to the car. I was groggy all day Saturday.
Over all the treatment wasn't that bad at all. I think I can handle three more sessions but hopefully the next ones won't take as long. I brought a book and read but next time I'll bring my laptop. I was fed lunch and dinner (order like you do in the hospital) and there was a TV in the room. The nurses were all very nice.
It's Sunday night. David's mom is in town from Pennsylvania so we've been getting yummy home cooked meals (she loves to cook for us). She'll fly back home after Thanksgiving. I wonder if she can cook us a bunch of meals and we can freeze them!?!?!? Just kidding.... I wouldn't let her do that.

No comments:

my beautiful Harriet

my beautiful Harriet
This is Harriet, my sponsor child through Compassion International. She is 9 and lives in Uganda, Africa. I've been sponsoring her for about 2 years now. She just sent me this photo and said she bought the shoes and stockings in the photo with money I sent her. Please pray for her and her family.