Monday, November 12, 2007

canton, texas

The first weekend of this month I went to Canton, Texas with friends Karen and Jill. For those who do not know what Canton is.... it's like the biggest craft/antique/flea market in the world. It's HUGE!! I flew into Dallas from Houston and Jill flew in from Colorado Springs. Jill rented us a car (a new Mustang) and we drove out to Karen's house which is on a beautiful lake about an hour and a half east of Dallas. We got there in less than an hour because Jill was Mario Andretti in a former life. We stopped at a bait shop and saw the funniest scene.... in the large yard next to the bait shop was a little pony chasing a great dane around the yard. The pony was so frisky and jumping around. It was hilarious.
Of course Jill stayed up until 1:30 that Thursday night fishing on the boat deck. We spent Friday and Saturday at Canton walking around. We had such a wonderful time. The weather was totally beautiful. God blessed us with such a perfect weekend! Everyone must experience Canton at least once in their life. The best thing to do though is to stay in one of the cheaper bed and breakfasts or guest rooms within walking distance to the shops in Canton and plan on spending all day friday, saturday and sunday there. It's worth it to purchase a shopping cart for $20. Make sure to wear the most comfortable shoes you own and bring a backpack instead of a purse!

Tomorrow I have a doctor appointment at MD Anderson to get my last bone marrow biopsy results. I'll tell the story behind my cancer diagnosis on another day. It's a long story. My cancer is in my stomach now so I will also be finding out what my next treatment plan will be. I did four weeks of radiation in December 2006 in my chest area. Keep your fingers crossed that it's radiation again and not chemo.

No comments:

my beautiful Harriet

my beautiful Harriet
This is Harriet, my sponsor child through Compassion International. She is 9 and lives in Uganda, Africa. I've been sponsoring her for about 2 years now. She just sent me this photo and said she bought the shoes and stockings in the photo with money I sent her. Please pray for her and her family.