Monday, August 25, 2008


Hello my favorite people!
It is one very HOT day here in Houston. We need a nice storm.... just enough rain to cool things off and water the land. Not much has been happening. I've been feeling okay. I'm good some days and really nauseous other days. The best anti-nauseous medication is Zolfran and unfortunately I can not take it because it gives me horrible headaches. I was actually in the emergency room a few times over the last three weeks due to the horrible headaches/migraines. So my doctor gave me another "MD Anderson" only special concoction called ABH (it's a capsule containing ativan, benadryl and haldol) for the nauseousness. It works pretty good.
My hair has been thinning out in spurts. It comes out most in the shower. It seems thinner to me but my stepmom yesterday said she couldn't tell a difference. She brought me over a pot of her homemade chicken tortilla soup (yummmm.... it's good) and my dad brought me a pink harley davidson bandana cap (it's cute). Anyways - cutting my hair short was a good idea because it does look thicker and hopefully I won't have to lose it all and shave it.
David's truck is on the fritz and the a/c went out in it. He is driving my car until we can either fork out the money to get his fixed or buy him something else. With me not working, we have to be much tighter with our budget. My medical bills get thrown into a box in the bedroom..... I'm afraid to even look at them. Insurance of course doesn't cover everything.
Well, it's lunch time so I'm going to go have a bowl of the tortilla soup!
p.s. this is a photo of me getting my chemo last time and yes, my hair is that short now.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I love your new do. It suits you!!

Tiffany said...

Kelly,
I just wanted you to know that my books are on the way. (somewhere between here and asia, as we speak.)Hope you are feeling good, and not too sick.
take care,
Tiffany

Sandra said...

Kelly, hope you're feeling well, just dropping by to say hi and let you know you're in my prayers :)

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

You look so cute with your new hair and your right in fashion with that do. Alicia just sent me your blog address again. Changed computers and it was lost. Definetly miss you and if you need a ride or company please let me know. Always in my thoughts.

Debbie Z.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
You look so adorable! The new do fits you fabulously! Thinking of you guys and hoping you headed for high ground when the Hurricane came.
Take care,
Rhonda from Missouri :0)

my beautiful Harriet

my beautiful Harriet
This is Harriet, my sponsor child through Compassion International. She is 9 and lives in Uganda, Africa. I've been sponsoring her for about 2 years now. She just sent me this photo and said she bought the shoes and stockings in the photo with money I sent her. Please pray for her and her family.