Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hi to everyone!
Well, I went to the oncologist last week to get my latest stomach biopsy and PET scan results. The news wasn't as good as I would have liked, but I have to remember it could always be worse. The biopsy showed cancer still in my stomach. There isn't a lot but enough that it'll need treatment again. The PET scan showed "activity" in the lymph nodes under both my arms and also "activity" in my spine. So my doctor is having me do another bone marrow biopsy (I just had one six months ago) but she said I'll get to get sedated on this biopsy - which is a relief because those dang things hurt. The results of the bone marrow biopsy will determine if I'll do radiation again or some more chemo.

Tomorrow I will go with David to see his new doctor at MD Anderson and get his MRI results. Hopefully it will show no new tumor growth. I can tell he is nervous.

I haven't been feeling well for the last two weeks so I haven't even been able to go see my cousin's new baby. I've had fever off and on so being around a newborn is not the best idea.

Not much new news other than that. I'll post more later....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Darlin,

Hang in there. When do you go for bone marrow biopsy? You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Love You!!! Jill

Danielle said...

You and David are in my thoughts and prayers everyday!! Miss you!!

Tiffany said...

Kelly,
I will you and your husband all the best. It sounds like you have a great attitude, keep it up!

my beautiful Harriet

my beautiful Harriet
This is Harriet, my sponsor child through Compassion International. She is 9 and lives in Uganda, Africa. I've been sponsoring her for about 2 years now. She just sent me this photo and said she bought the shoes and stockings in the photo with money I sent her. Please pray for her and her family.