Monday, April 20, 2009

Hello and I am so sorry it has been so long since I've written on this blog. I've become addicted to Facebook and spend much of my computer time there. I've been able to reconnect with childhood friends and it's been so much fun. One old friend posted photos of us at her 6th birthday party. Wow!

I have been able to stay out of the hospital lately. I had two of the best gastrointerologist (stomach) doctors in Houston run test after test on me and there really isn't much wrong with my stomach other than the severe gastroparesis. That's something I'll live with the rest of my life and just have to adjust my diet and take medication for it. At least in all their tests they did not find any more cancer in the stomach or small intestines. Hopefully it stays that way for a long time.

I finally got up the nerve and started driving again. I still do not have all of my energy back but from what other chemo patients tell me, it can take around a year for the body to be back to normal. My hair is about an inch long. It grows soooooo slow! But at least it's finally growing now. It's very gray now so I have to color it every few weeks. The texture is different than before. There is a little bit of wave in it (for as much as I can tell since it's still so short). But wave works for me because my hair was so straight before.

Well, that's all for now. Just a short update. I'll try not to let the next one take so long. Take care and be blessed!!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Glad to hear that your test are coming back clear. I continue to pray for you and David.

Higgins Design Studio said...

Kelly, I have been wondering how you are doing. Glad to hear you've been staying out of the hospital. I know how it is to get addicted to Facebook!
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly it has been so long since I have read your blog. Your hair is short but you still look lovely. As always your smile is can still light up any room when you turn it on. You look sooo good on the picture with the short hair. I still miss you and people at the facility still ask about you. You are a special person and you were and are well thought of. I ask Kelly W. All the time about you since I know that you do not like to answer the telephone. This was a threat but since you are well enough to drive it is a promise you will be kidnapped. I am still missing my partner in crime. Amanda is okay but it is still not the same as when you were there. Missing you always D.

my beautiful Harriet

my beautiful Harriet
This is Harriet, my sponsor child through Compassion International. She is 9 and lives in Uganda, Africa. I've been sponsoring her for about 2 years now. She just sent me this photo and said she bought the shoes and stockings in the photo with money I sent her. Please pray for her and her family.